Ethics and Excellence
Building a diverse community of lifelong learners to be a force for positive change
through ethics and excellence.
As the pioneering International Baccalaureate school in The Bahamas dedicated to
achieving excellence in education, and in partnership with our families, our mission is to:
- Challenge our students to develop a lifelong love of learning that extends beyond
- Inspire curiosity, open-mindedness and a commitment to personal excellence
- Foster a community of confident, creative and critical learners in an inclusive,
respectful and safe environment
- Nurture in our students a sound ethical foundation that will inspire positive action,
service and leadership
- Develop culturally confident global citizens who are able to succeed in any
- Build a student-centered and family-oriented community
St Andrew’s School continues to:
- Commit to the success of each individual child, accommodating differing aptitudes and abilities.
- Foster strong and effective partnerships between students, parents and teachers.
- Offer a balanced, challenging curriculum which is based on best practice and taught by caring and well-qualified teachers.
- Engage students in creative, innovative and critical thinking.
- Embed the IB Learner Profile in all aspects of school life. These include being: knowledgeable, caring, principled, open-minded, reflective, communicators, thinkers, balanced, risk-takers and inquirers.
- Integrate technology effectively to enhance teaching and learning.
- Develop ethics and personal excellence in students with an approach to pastoral care that fosters a strong sense of personal responsibility, tolerance and sensitivity to others.
- Embrace internationalism and encourage an appreciation of our unique cultural heritages.
- Promote positive interaction and sensitivity towards the physical environment.
- Provide a safe, healthy and nurturing school atmosphere and foster a lively school spirit.
- Instill in our students a philosophy of service to others and giving back to the community.
- Contribute positively to the advancement of education locally, nationally and internationally.
- Maintain an enriching and rewarding professional environment for the faculty, supported by responsible administrative leaders.
- Ensure the ongoing viability of the school through a balanced and ethical relationship between members of the school community, within a financially responsible framework.
The school’s guiding statements will be regularly communicated, reviewed and evaluated.